Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A time

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Indeed there is a time, and who is to say that any time is specific for one feeling... for one action or one thought? Many a time, many of these occur at once in the same individual and us as humans should never take time for granted and simply experience one event or one emotion, but embrace everything we can in the little time we have. When time is up, all that remains shall be regret... and unfortunately we're not the one to decide when the clock stops.

We should not only embrace and celebrate our own lives, but others and embrace relationships between each other... realize the impact we have on each other's lives and how not any one individual can live alone. With so little time, how do we find ways to hate each other, to wage war, a time to refrain, when in shortly it may be a time to die. The time that may come where there are no goodbye's as it is too late.

In our relationships, we don't always appreciate them until their gone... miss them until its too late, or thank them until you've lost the opportunity. Make sure your friends know how much you truly value them, what they've done for you and how they've personally impacted your life.

Take advantage of the little time we have together, but never take advantage of who you have. Never forget your friends, never neglect your friends, never waste the time you have. We have less than you think. Recognize how others have enhanced your lives, how the interactions have improved your life, taught you so much... and be thankful you're not alone. Time is one of the few things we can't get back along with life... so neither of them are to waste.



Rest In Peace - J. Lee - April 1974 - September 2006

A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

You credit Nietzsche and your experience for your wisdom, but I credit you for teaching me so much in the little time we had together. I will forever possess your spirit in me. Thank you so much for everything you gave me. You've touched my life as an individual, as a friend, as an intellect, as a mentor, as a writer, as an artist, and so much more. I'm thankful for the time we had together and I'm thankful that I was blessed with our meeting. I miss you, and I hope that from that better place you're in you're watching over this "lunatic asylum" we've created for ourselves. Watch as I try to make this world a better place... You are amazing Jason; spirit, mind and body... with so much love, so much strength, and I say with honesty, much of me lives in your image hoping someday I will understand half of what you do. Someday, once again I will shake your hand, and we shall speak of the subtleties of life... for now I will continue to attempt to embrace all the little things. I miss you dearly... may you rest in peace.

No comments: